Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Episode #9 Show Notes

More apologies due...this time to Dr. Seuss.

I'm on Ravelry now--username is Dharmafey :)

SSK was the podcast who said socks were on the way out...plus, I heard it on another podcast. Overwhelmingly, those who replied to this thread on comments believed that socks are not on the way out at all. Several commented that the hot yarns are online indie dyers, so it's likely that LYS owners would see a drop in mass-produced yarn sales, and a few noted that folks are moving to sport and DK weight yarns for their socks.

How to do 2 socks on 2 circs: listen to my babbling or maybe check here, here, or here.

Check out Erin's Single Sock Liberation and the Jigsaw socks from Pink Monkey Knits. Those and the Sidewinders are next up on my needles. Also, look at these sock blockers! Wow!

And I thought the 52 Pair Plunge was crazy--look here!

On my needles are the Sockapalooooza Japanese Feather socks. Love knitting the pattern and they're working quickly. I'm using Sharing yarns, which I review here.

A local LYS Fingerlakes Fibers will be hosting Cheryl Shaefer on July 15th. I have been invited there to record a podcast which will be really exciting. I will also be reviewing a skein of the Shaefer Anne before then. Also happening soon is the Finger Lakes Fiber Tour, a bit of a yarn and fiber farm crawl and fibery workshops with our famous vineyards thrown in for good measure. This looks like a really rich time and has two sessions. Please check the link for more info. Wow....I might have to save the pennies for that one.